Agricultural Production Loan
Agricultural Production Loans are for farmers who need short-term credit to pay input costs.
What does it offer you:
- Competitive interest rates
- Access to funds that are not usually available
- Choice on who you want to enter into a grain marketing contract with and when
- Flexibility when buying supplies as you don’t have to go through co-operatives
- You do not have to give us the usual forms of security
- Reduced risk because of Comprehensive Crop Insurance and fixed price contracts
- The full amount must be repaid at the end of the season. The term of the loan is usually one year, but it can be extended to three years depending on your cropping cycle.
What you need to apply:
- Business registration documents
- Six months’ statements from another bank
- Three years’ financial statements and cash flows
- Collateral may be required
- Favourable credit bureau report
- You may need to meet other conditions or give us more documents subject to specific borrower conditions.